Job Title: HR Administrator
Location: Central London
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience
Closing Date: 11th September 2017
This award-winning group (founded in 1988) provides actuarial advice, workplace pensions and savings advice, pensions administration, healthcare and wellness advice, financial planning, and investment consulting and investment management services to a range of pension scheme trustees, employers, private clients, and charities.
They are currently looking for an HR Administrator to join their team in their prestigious London offices based on Strand.
The primary focus of the role will be on providing an effective, customer focused and efficient HR administration service to the group to ensure HR best practice, good employee relations and legal compliance. You will pro-actively develop and maintain the highest level of customer care in all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the management of general enquiries to the HR team via the HR Service Desk, email inboxes or by telephone. At all times maintaining a customer focused approach and projecting a confident and professional image.
- Ensuring all enquiries are allocated to the appropriate member of the HR team and that issues are followed up in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all HR records are accurate, up to date and kept in line with Data Protection requirements.
- Ensuring prompt filing of all correspondence on employees' records.
- Maintaining accurate records for all archived files.
- Processing of all types of referencing requests and completion of the group onboarding reference requirements.
- Responsible for the new joiner process; ensuring the HR systems are recorded, the payroll and shared service teams informed and ensuring the hiring manager and new employee onboarding requirements are completed.
- Handling all probationary period procedures in line with departmental guidelines, both systems and associated correspondence.
- Update and maintain the HR intranet pages as required.
- Support the HR team as directed on employment contractual changes advising the payroll officer to make any payroll changes.
- Support the training manager in record keeping for training, study and issuing study contracts as required.
- Providing administrative assistance to the HR team during HR initiatives/projects such as restructuring, pay review, transfers and redundancies.
- To be aware of HR policies and procedures and terms & conditions, with the ability to provide basic advice on these areas.
- Responsible for the post and maintaining adequate supplies of stationery.
- Ensuring employee photos are kept up to date on both the intranet and the HR Information System (HRIS).
- Dealing with HR queries in a professional and customer orientated manner, ensuring issues are resolved promptly using the appropriate course of action.
Knowledge & experience:
- Proven experience in an administration role
- Experience of working in HR would be a distinct advantage. Although not exclusive, this role is likely to appeal to individuals with at least a year's experience.
- Experience must have been gained within a customer focused role, able to demonstrate core competencies as detailed below.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office software packages in particular Microsoft Excel and Word.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
- Recognises the need for a customer focused approach to their work - projecting confidence with the customer and maintaining a professional approach at all times.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required in order to perform the role, both written and numerical including the analysis of data and statistics.
- An ability to demonstrate initiative, taking a pro-active approach within their work.
- Experience of working within a team and participating in team related projects.
- Able to follow instructions, procedures, policies and assimilate information quickly in a consistent manner.
- Ability to work in advance of deadlines and prioritising multiple and/or concurrent tasks effectively.
- Able to see tasks through to completion within given timescales, updating the owner of the task on progress and ensuring relevant notes on actions are recorded.
- Able to prioritise own workload and work on own initiative.
- Good problem solving skills, with the ability to make timely & accurate decisions.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work, showing a willingness to work additional hours as and when workload requires.
- Resilient in their approach to work, able to handle high demands or workloads in a controlled manner whilst maintaining quality.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new systems and processes.
To be considered to this role, candidates will need to complete the company's application portal. Candidates who don't do this will NOT be considered for the role. To do so, please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; HR Administrator, HR Admin, Administrator, Admin, Support, Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, Office Administrator, Office Admin, Office Assistant, Office Associate, Office Support, General Admin, Team Administrator, Experienced Admin, Experienced Administrator, Team Admin may also be considered for this role.