We are seeking an experienced Researcher, preferably with at least one European language. This is a very varied and truly Global role with career options that could include working in one of our International offices or transitioning to a fee-earning role, if that is something of interest.
Established in 1987, The SR Group consists of specialist recruitment consultancies Brewer Morris - Tax & Treasury recruitment, Carter Murray - Marketing & Sales recruitment, Frazer Jones - HR recruitment, SRG Projects - Temporary recruitment in Germany, SR Search - Partner Search and Taylor Root - Legal & Compliance recruitment.
We work with a substantial number of the world’s leading multi-national corporations, professional partnerships and international banking groups as well as the complete range of small to medium-sized businesses. Our growth, retention rate and ever-expanding global reach speaks volumes about the seamless quality of service you can expect when dealing with any of our brands in any of our locations.
Operating out of offices in London, Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Munich, Frankfurt, Milan, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Sydney and New York we recruit around the world.
What is a Researcher?
- Researchers work across the sourcing and candidate management side of the recruitment process to proactively identify, target, grow and manage the pool of candidates for a particular sector/discipline.
- Researchers focus not only finding candidates to fill positions the Consultants are working on, but also utilisation of the candidates and their skills that come out of a rigorous recruiting process as a means to fill similar positions in the future also (talent pooling or talent pipeline)
- Good Researchers build relationships with the best of the talent in the market which leads to more successful networking, more referrals, more business and an amazing give and take of expertise, knowledge and information
Key success factors for a Researcher
- Building relationships and trust with your team and the candidates in your market
- Focus on delivery and results
- Understanding and balancing the needs, motivations and requirements of both the candidates and clients
- Having a sense of urgency about everything
- Ethical behaviour
What does a Researcher do on a day to day basis?
- Generate candidates using typical sourcing/mapping strategies; eg: database, LinkedIn, referral’s, head hunting around markets such as the US and Europe
- Build a continuous talent pipeline of candidates
- Map out specific vertical clients and populate with key decision makers as well as potential candidates
- Assist on specific projects and roles; attending client meetings and conference calls where necessary; sourcing and identifying candidates
- Registering candidates, updating Profile- career, contact details
- Ensuring that correct coding is completed for each candidate and checking and maintaining the codes on an ongoing basis
- Maintain contact with sourced candidates
- Expected to make a high volume of telephone calls to candidates
- Assist in interviewing candidates alongside Consultants, as well as co-ordinating interviews for Consultants (i.e.: liaising with candidates and clients, setting up interviews)
- Business develop database clients (following strict guidelines around which clients are free to be contacted; these will typically be non PSL clients and clients who have been dormant for at least 6 months)
- Conduct targeted research into client sectors for consultants on an ongoing and project by project basis
- Add new clients to the database whom have been sourced by the use of Linkedin and other similar methods (i.e.: CV research); to make contact with these clients where appropriate and load on to profile and inform relevant consultant
- Assist consultants with advertising responses and monitoring broadbean accounts for consultants ensuring advertising is correct and up to date
- Where appropriate, writing adverts to post on job sites
- When necessary, arranging consultant/ candidate meetings, providing info on what to bring, booking rooms
- Submitting candidates to company portals on behalf of consultants
- Chasing direct and competitor adverts on line and relevant press and sending these adverts to relevant consultants
- Maintain awareness of current market trends, events and appointments within your sector
The SR Group is fully committed to promoting inclusion in the workplace and to the development of a diverse workforce. We welcome applications from suitably skilled people regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, pregnancy and maternity or marital status. A diverse and inclusive workplace will help us meet our vision of growth and globalisation.