Job Title: HR Advisor
Location: Godalming, Surrey
Salary: £33,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company provides the back office power to support growing entrepreneurial and international businesses. As one of the most respected names in international affairs for more than twenty-five years, their creative and energetic teams provide services across the fields of People, Finance, Tax and Technology. Designed for businesses which are looking to expand locally or internationally, they offer highly-regarded turn-key solutions.
As a member of the 4 strong HR team this role will provide a comprehensive HR service to the team and HR services in line with the client Service Level Agreements to their Clients. The HR Advisor will provide generalist HR guidance, advice and support to these businesses in all aspects of human resources, employee relations and recruitment. Many of the clients have overseas parent companies therefore the role will require confident explanation of the requirements of UK employment. As clients may also operate internationally (i.e. outside of the UK) a willingness and confidence in managing international HR matters is also vital.
- Advise and support managers on all employee relations matters to ensure a consistent approach within each client and provide relevant documentation.
- Support any clients with any international recruitment matters using local service providers as required.
- Advise on the complexities and requirements of international HR.
- Liaise with Client Services over the establishment of Local Service providers where a new territory is being explored.
- Work closely with the HR team and recruiting managers to develop and support the recruitment process.
- Develop sound internal processes to promote excellent practice in recruitment.
- Ensure all positions recruited to and subsequently offered are approved, budgeted and supported by an up to date job description.
- Work closely with the payroll team to ensure all payroll changes are provided to them in a timely and accurate manner where required by the client.
- Run routine reports on an as required basis.
- Develop The Group Training & Development policy and processes with the HR Manager.
- Support and develop performance management processes with The Group and for clients as required, either on a company or individual level using training agreements as appropriate.
- Liaise with benefits brokers as appropriate for client queries.
- Provide appropriate support and guidance to Clients regarding benefits including Auto Enrolment and ensuring any compliance activities are proactively managed.
- Support managers in the consistent application of HR policies, updating and developing polices where required and in order to meet statutory obligations.
- Maintain accurate records including HR Software to ensure accurate reporting.
- Ad hoc HR projects as required.
The successful candidate will be an excellent HR Generalist, with a good understanding of the demands a Professional Services and multi-client environment places on staff and a belief that HR has a vital part to play in the success of The Group achieving its mission. In addition they will possess a genuine desire to facilitate excellent performance in all staff. They will have excellent interpersonal skills, strong organisational skills and the ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously. They should also be confident in creating written HR guides and in mentoring and supporting managers or staff in achieving optimum performance.
Experience and skills:
- Experience of having worked in a fast-paced, highly responsive, professional environment.
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels.
- Experience of advising on difficult employment issues.
- The ability to approach HR creatively.
- Experience of writing or updating HR Policies.
- Experience of leading small projects.
- A strong understanding of employment law and HR best practice
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Excellent IT skills especially MS word and excel
- Proficient in MS outlook and PowerPoint
- Developed prioritisation skills
- Ability to work confidently at all times
- Experienced at using HR information systems
- International HR experience
- Experience of working with multiple clients
- Experience of implementing new HR processes & systems
- Experience of working in a start-up environment
Qualifications and Training
- Excellent standard of secondary education; at least 5 GCSE A-C grades or equivalent including maths and English Language
- CIPD professional qualification or part qualification
- Coaching or mentoring experience or qualification
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; HR Advisor, HR Generalist, HR Officer, HR Analyst, HR Data Analyst, Human Resource Analyst, Senior HR Assistant, HR Adviser, Senior HR Advisor, Assistant HR Manager, HR Coordinator, Human Resource Advisor may also be considered for this role.