Job Title: HR Advisor
Salary: Competitive - pro rata
Position: Permanent, Part Time - 22.5 hours per week
The company designs, manufactures and supplies useful, beautiful furniture. Their entire team is passionate about design and maintaining the excellent quality of products produced in their UK workshops. They handle every stage of the process from design to manufacture and sales - they can be relied upon for an honest and reliable service. Their furniture is used by some of the most influential brands in commerce and culture.
They are now looking for an HR Advisor to join their office based in Harrogate on a part time basis to assist in supporting the central HR Function. This is a generalist role and is looking for candidates with experience covering recruitment, payroll, employee relations, and more.
- Recruitment of staff in the most cost effective manner. Use of tests, assessment centres and other best practices to ensure quality of recruits. Work with managers in developing job descriptions and person specifications, ensure managers are trained on all current recruitment legislation and best practice
- Provision of professional HR advice and support to managers and employees to ensure compliance with relevant employment legislation and company procedures. Advice on new legislation and its impact on the organisation
- Review/develop and implement policies on issues relating to work conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures, absence management and other HR related issues
- Advise and support on disciplinaries and grievances ensuring they are closed out in accordance with company procedures
- Work with the finance department to ensure all information for salary changes is reported in a timely manner
- Support and advise on the company Performance management programme. Provide support in arranging development training resulting from these appraisals.
- Instigate and manage initiatives to ensure employee engagement
- Plan, and where appropriate, deliver training. Analyse training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
- Advise on the annual pay review process, and any interim pay increases. Undertake market rate studies as required
- Establish and operate induction and exit interview programmes
- Support the introduction of HR systems and procedures as appropriate when developed
- Support managers and directors on any projects involving HR matters
- Maintain employee files and ensure all HR admin is dealt with in a timely manner, provide management information as and when required, ensure the employee database is current
- Degree level education
- Computer experience - Windows XP, Excel, E-mail - Lotus Notes
- Member CIPD - Level 5
- Two years generalist HR experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Recruitment experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prepare and run training courses
- Experience of interviewing and testing
- Good generalist HR skills - including up to date knowledge of employment legislation
- Good organisational skills
- Able to prioritise and multi task
- Thinks logically
- Outgoing personality
- Professional outlook
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; HR Graduate, Human Resources Business, HR Advisor, Graduate, Human Resources Executive, HR Assistant, Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Analyst, Human Recourses Advisor, Human Resources Officer, HR Generalist, Personnel Manager, HR Officer, Human Resources Consultant, Human Resources, HR Manager, Human Resources Graduate, CIPD will also be considered for this role.