5 months ago
Our client is committed to reducing and investigating crime, protecting people and promoting law and order across the county of Derbyshire.
Derbyshire is renowned for being hugely diverse, encompassing the rural areas of the Peak District as well as old mining communities, modern towns and business centres. It is also home to the vibrant and culturally diverse city of Derby.
Position: HR Services Officer
Location: Ripley, Derbyshire (commutable from Belper, Alfreton, Ilkeston, Matlock & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, 6 & 12 months with some perm opportunities (Flexible working considered)
Hours: 37 hours per week, 8am-5pm (covering)
Salary: £17,376 to £22,275 per annum (progression through the grades is subject to a career progression scheme)
Closing date: 29th August 2019
About the role:
To deliver a customer focused effective and efficient HR transactional and administrative service to the Regional forces. Contribute to a flexible and resilient service by developing proficiency in multiple disciplines within the HR Shared Service Centre (HRSSC).
- Provide an effective, quality transactional service across the areas of recruitment, training, and post-employment as required.
- Contribute to a flexible and resilient service by developing proficiency in multiple disciplines within the transactional service centre.
- Provide 1st line HR advice, manage and resolve customer enquiries and requests for service support in line with the relevant Force policies.
- Contribute to reports and statistics through maintenance of accurate information and data records.
- Take personal responsibility for prioritising workloads in accordance with agreed deadlines and delivery standards.
- Prepare, collate and record information across HR, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data within all areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the process of continuous development within HRSSC.
- Contribute to the effective running of the HRSSC by carrying out ad hoc or rostered team tasks as required.
- Attend career and job events as and when required, this would be occasional evening and weekends.
- Experience in HR Processes and giving generalist advice on recruitment, training, employee relations or post-employment matters.
- GCSE English Language Grade C / 4 or above or equivalent level qualification, or demonstrable previous experience in preparing written correspondence and communicating with internal and external customers in writing.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service to include dealing directly with customers over the phone and also face to face.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in using computerised databases.
- Experience in dealing with confidential matters.
- Certificate in Personnel Practice, or equivalent qualification.
Our client has identified nine competencies that help describe what effective behaviour looks like. These competencies illustrate how they put their Force’s guiding principles into practice so that everyone understands what is expected of them in their day-to-day work.
You may have experience of the following: HR Services Officer, HR Officer, HR Advisor, HR Administration, HR Administrator, HR Executive, HR Assistant, Human Resources Administrator, Human Resources Assistant, HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, HR Support, Human Resources, etc.
4 days ago
only 24 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close