Due to continued international growth, a leadership opportunity has arisen to join one of the premier Life sciences recruitment companies in the UK to help them with their international expansion. Whilst the role has many strings, the brief is clear, you will be responsible for launching the American offering for this business, initially in New York, but with a wider brief to open multi offices. This is hands on role, which requires the much sough after skill of being an excellent recruitment, but also a great manager and developer of teams.
What is the Role?
- As Managing Director of the companies US business, you will have full responsibility for the profitability and strategic direction of a division under your command.
- This is very much a hands-on leadership role as they look to build out our US business. The role is likely to evolve quickly as the team expands.
- You will direct, motivate and inspire a division within the company to achieve short, medium and long term goals
- You will have ultimate responsibility for the profitability of the division (i.e. P&L ownership) •
- You will be responsible for the strategic direction of the division
- You will directly line manage key senior members of the team and will be responsible for the day-to-day direction and motivation of your leadership team
- You will be responsible for driving initiatives to ensure successful recruitment of new divisional employees as well as retention of existing staff within the division
- You will interview all prospective new employees for the division • You will set sales targets for all consultants and managers within your division •
- You will have direct involvement in Client Relationship Management and Business Development Activities relevant to your division.
- You will be available to attend key client-facing meetings and to participate in tender processes/PSL reviews. • You will be available as a key point of contact for escalation of any issues that may arise day-to-day within the division
Who are we recruiting for?
Our customer has a track record in the two things that really matter. They have a great track record and reputation in their market, equally the are renowned as an employer of choice. Their staff retention is excellent, you won't see loads of KPI's and micro managed staff, the company very much has that "family feel" whilst still retaining ambitious growth plans. To join them you must fit this mould, this company won't suit aggressive sales leaders. Being consultative is at the heart of what they do.
What Profile we looking for:
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- You will have a proven and sustained track record of successful billings as a consultant
- You will have extensive experience in a senior management or director level role within the recruitment industry with a demonstrable track record of success
- You will have a track record or developing and managing top billers and of creating succession within a recruitment team
- Experience of recruitment within the Life Sciences sector is preferred but not essential.
- You will be able to demonstrate using practical and personal examples the competencies identified below.
The role will be based in the UK till February 2018 before moving over to New York.
This is a critical and urgent hire - apply now for instant feedback.