6 months ago
Operations Associate Director
Quanta Consultancy Services Ltd was founded in 1992 and provides contract and permanent recruitment consultancy services to clients within the Life Sciences, Renewable Energy and ICT industry sectors. Operating from a single HQ base in Berkhamsted, approximately 75% of our business is generated outside of the UK across 20 countries, with the ‘core’ in Western Europe.
Over the past 3 years the company has received several awards, including the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade, Princess Royal Training Award, Large Business of the Year at the 2017 Hertfordshire Business Awards and Business of the Year (Medium to Large) at the Inspiring Hertfordshire Awards in 2017 and 2018.
The Operations Associate Director will lead, enhance and look to improve the efficiency of the established Operations Team through the effective management and control of the following operations business units; Contracts/Compliance, IT, Business Admin/Solutions, and Internal Recruitment. The Operations Associate Director is primarily responsible for ensuring that the colleagues under their control build and implement detailed plans that align to the company’s business objectives.
To achieve this there needs to be a clear understanding and recognition of the fundamental processes within each business unit and the challenges that may threaten its success. This would include matters such as staff development, compliance, commercial risk and performance appraisals.
In addition to their immediate role the Operations Associate Director will undertake a wider management responsibility, linking with other Associate Director’s across the business and senior management to facilitate a cohesive approach to business challenges and opportunities.
Principle tasks and responsibilities;
- To provide support in the prioritisation of which assignments to deliver across the Operations’ functions aligned with half yearly and annual objectives that will link in with the company’s 3-year business plan.
- In conjunction with the Board and Associate Director’s across the business to create the 3-year execution road map.
- Identify business objectives and critical success factors to support Managers / Team Leaders in the supervision and management of daily and administrative activities.
- Responsible for the half year and/or annual appraisals of Managers / Team Leaders and any other direct reports within their sphere of responsibility and oversee for all staff within their business units.
- Working with the Commercial Manager & Contract and Compliance Manager in communicating priorities, proposing improvements or new ideas that support / enhance the effectiveness of the whole business.
- Working with the IT Manager in communicating priorities, proposing improvements or new ideas that support / enhance the effectiveness of the whole business.
- In addition to the above, the ‘sales team’ receives ‘ad hoc’ requests for completions of RFQ’s / RFI’s / tenders and associated documents. These all have implications that require assistance from the different areas of the Operations’ business units.
- Provide an environment where open and honest communication is encouraged.
To be successfullyou will;
- Have worked at a similar level within the Recruitment industry. Ideally within an SME where they have maintained a ‘hands on’ role within the team.
- Strong team leadership skills; every member of the Quanta team has an important part to play in how we operate;that is why we enjoy success together.
- Have previously gained Contracts & Compliance exposure through either directly or through team management.
- Truly embrace Quanta 5 company values; One Team, We value Communication, Invest in our Future, Proud to be Different and Enjoy what we do.
Quanta in a nutshell. Why you should join us:
- Very strong financial position: double digit growth since 2010.
- We don’t set KPIs for our team – we know they’ll be driven to perform their best work.
- Flexible monthly rewards to meet individuals’ preferences.
- Our company attrition rate is very low, with an average employment term of 6.5 years.
- We are truly global in our scope.
- We participate in charity work across the business, supporting three local charities.
- We like to have FUN and have created a space for our team to relax.
- We have peer-nominated prizes for great performances across all departments.
- We share candidates and clients and embrace a true team environment
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
4 days ago
only 3 days until close