Job Title: Group Business Administration and Payroll Officer
Salary: £21,461 - £23,466 depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week 8.30am - 16.30pm
Closing Date: due to the volume of applications this vacancy may be expire early.
To provide high quality clerical and administrative support to the business and company directors to ensure smooth and efficient support is given.
You'll also be working with the HR Department and company directors to ensure compliance with Employment Law Requirements when administering Payroll.
Group Business Administrative Support:
- Liaising with Corporate to support the Group, including accurate and speedy word processing, and general administrative support to meet the business needs
- Answering telephone enquiries, Electronic filing and General administrative duties
- Assist with the implementation of digital transformation
- Oversee the collection, collation & manipulation of a wide range of information and statistical data to generate reports, prepare letters, memos and documents. Assist Corporate to create detailed and accurate reports for the company on request
- Process payroll every pay period
- Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Compute employee take-home pay based on time records, benefits, and taxes
- Answer staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Receive and coordinate requests for leave and other absences
- Handle changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles
- Identify, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Determine organization's tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions
- Upload and publish payslips on SAGE portal
- Compile Monitoring Sheets for Head Office
- Ensure all relevant information is entered onto SAGE and any changes must be updated immediately in line with GDPR
- Keeping up to date with key changes in employment law in payroll
- Processing and sending P60s
- Any other duties deemed relevant to the job profile as set by the line manager or Directors
- Creating and maintaining staff files (Starters, Leavers, Home Copies) - ensuring compliance with UK legislation and CQC regulations
- Requesting Disclosure and Baring Services (DBS previously CRB checks)
- Checking validity of ID and Visas of employees and sending reminders
- Minute taking
- Processing references requests
- Responsible for the input and registration of employees on Kronos, One Plan and Sage (payroll system) ensuring all relevant information is included and is up to date.
- Calculating annual leave entitlements and communicate this information to the respective Home Managers
- Diarise three and six-month probation dates and inform CHM when due
- Completing annual audits of the employee files
- Liaising with the Director to confirm training costs
- Posting P45s along with leaver letters and training certificates.
It's essential that you have a drivers licence and access to a vehicle and it would also be helpful if you have some experience of Kronos since you'll be using it frequently.
The Company offers full training opportunities, 4 weeks + Bank Holidays annual leave p.a and a pension.
Position is subject to an enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure & Baring Service & DSB First. The Company is an equal opportunities employer.
Interviews will take place in Northampton. You will be required to complete a short test.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Payroll Executive, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Admin, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Officer, Human Resources Executive, Human Resources Assistant, HR Administrator, HR Assistant, Junior HR Advisor, Human Resources Administrator, Payroll Administrator, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Financial Administrator, may also be considered for this role.