Are you an experienced recruiter who enjoys the client side of recruitment? Would you rather focus on account development rather than on Business Development?
We have an excellent opportunity to work for a leading recruiter in the life sciences space who are looking for a senior recruitment individual to help expand and deepen their relationships across the UK and Europe.
The Key Account Management function acts as a key liaison between our customer and their clients, for both permanent and contract recruitment. The function is responsible for:
- Overseeing and directing strategic management of Key Account Clients. These will include:
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech Companies
- Contract Research Organisations (CROs)
- Medical Device Companies
- RPOs and MSPs
- Acting as a key Point of Contact (PoC) with existing Key Account Clients, ensuring that the team are delivering both volume and a high-quality service.
- Developing Key Account Clients through pro-active cross-selling, networking and relationship building.
- Acting as a PoC internally to manage the day-to-day pipeline of roles from Key Account Clients and to ensure that delivery and quality is maintained.
- Supporting the sales team on new client development, including but not limited to:
- Attending Client Meetings
- Preparing RFIs/RFPs and attending business pitches
- Attending conferences
The Senior Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing established client accounts and for helping to develop new client accounts from the point of first placement onwards. In this role, you will be a key part of the senior management team. This is currently a standalone role, reporting directly to the UK-based Managing Director. There is significant scope to develop the function globally.
Key Account Clients (80%)
You will be assigned between 10 and 15 Key Account Clients. These are typically large scale multinational Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device and Contract Research Organsiations that the company have worked with for many years.
- You will attend regular on-site meetings with key contacts at each client. These will include formal reviews meetings as well as regular informal catch-ups.
- You will build relationships with key contacts at each client, both in person and by phone.
- You will act as a key point of contact between the business and the client.
- You will work to ensure that the company is positioned as a supplier of choice at each Key Account Client.
- You will develop Key Account Clients through pro-active cross-selling, networking and relationship building.
- You will build up a detailed organogram of each company to include Line Managers and HR/Internal Recruitment Managers.
- In partnership with the consultants and management team, you will ensure that we are delivering on each account and will help develop strategies to improve performance where necessary.
- On an ongoing basis, you will analyse accounts and monitor performance. You will be required to present analytical data on our performance both internally and externally. From time-to-time you may also be asked to provide market data to clients.
- You’ll be involved in ongoing troubleshooting as and when situations arise. You’ll be a collaborative solution provider ensuring the best outcome is reached as quickly as possible, liaising with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- You will maintain specialist knowledge of specific recruitment systems, processes and compliance requirements unique to each client.
- As part of the wider sales team, you will work in accordance with company processes, procedures and systems.
- You will contribute to the positive, team-orientated company environment.
New Client Development (20%)
- Attending Client Meetings to pitch for business from new and prospective clients
- Preparing RFIs/RFPs, writing tender documents and attending business pitches
- Attending conferences to promote the company brand
- Identifying business opportunities through pro-active research, networking and relationship building.
Skills & Experience
ü Degree educated or equivalent.
ü You will have a minimum of 6 years’ previous recruitment experience, ideally with exposure to both contract and permanent recruitment.
ü You will have worked in a specialist Account Management/Client Services/Business Development role within the recruitment industry.
ü Experience of the Life Sciences sector is desirable.
ü You will have extremely strong client-facing communication skills and will be an exceptional relationship builder.
ü You will be a highly organised problem-solver.
ü You will be able to demonstrate using practical and personal examples the competencies identified below.
The successful applicant will hold a clean UK driving license. Regular travel to client sites to attend meetings, primarily within the London/South-East region (e.g. London, Cambridge, M4 Corridor).
Occasional travel (10% or less) to attend client meetings in Continental Europe.