Job Title: Transport Co-ordinator
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working closely with the Transport Manager to ensure the effective operation of the Transport function and ensuring that a cost effective and efficient service are provided to ensure maximum profit and customer satisfaction.
To ensure a business wide best practice, and knowledge sharing culture is actively embraced.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Daily routing/planning of the vehicle/driver schedules under guidance of the Operations Manager
- Planning and scheduling vehicle and trailer servicing, maintenance and MOT
- Submitting insurance claims
- Managing driver's daily work schedules, paperwork and holiday cover
- Weekly inspections of yard
- Fuel and Adblue management
- Ensuring correct PPE is provided and ordered when required, monitoring of stock levels
- Out of hours telephone cover when required (holiday/sick cover)
- Ensuring that drivers are informed of special instructions
- Monitoring driver's driving time and working hours - Tachographs and Digi Cards
- Production of vehicle costings MI
- Driver Health and Safety training and awareness - booking training, liaising with Business Services Manager to log all training on Breathe HR
- Schedule, review and update of risk assessments and safe operating and working practices
- Attend monthly driver's meeting and produce minutes
- Driver's lateness and absenteeism in partnership with Transport Manager/Group Operations Manager
- Registering and de-registering vehicles for inclusion on insurance cover
- Committed to inspiring and enforcing a positive Health & Safety ethic within the team, ensuring the correct resources for a safe working environment are made available
- Be involved and take an active part in the recruitment and management of all resources in the transport department ensuring all new drivers meet the required driving standards
- 3 monthly driver licence checks - DVLA
- Defect bin and truck management
- Updating wall planner
- Driver paperwork including PPE sheets, PO logs, administration of all service sheets
- Assistance with transport accreditations
- Regular review/ownership of documents added to Breathe to ensure that drivers are reading/accepting SOWP training documents
- Ensure systems are in place to track and manage absence from work, this includes acceptance, tracking and scheduling of holidays which are logged via Breathe HR. Monitor holiday allocations to ensure the demands of the business are met at all times.
- An understanding and/or experience of waste transport operations is desirable
- Experience in managing a fast-paced administration function in a high-pressure environment
- A very personable 'can do' attitude
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PC literate with excellent working knowledge of IT systems, Microsoft Office suite
Please note: Candidates must have own transportation, office location is not accessible via public transport.
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Distribution Controller, Logistics Supervisor, Fleet Coordinator, Transport Supervisor, Logistics coordinator, Transport Planner, Transport Coordinator, Distribution Coordinator, Transport Operations Coordinator, Supply Chain Coordinator may also be considered for this role.